Chairman's Report

Chairman's Report - 3 June 2021

 

1. BANES CABINET CHANGES

Councillor Guy has been elected as the new Leader of the Council. I am scheduled to have a meeting with him on 28 July. However, since my last Leader meeting, scheduled for 28 April was cancelled for obvious reasons I have asked that we try to set up an interim catch-up meeting for late June (after the Cabinet meeting of 23 June at which a number of important LTN-related matters will be decided). At the time of writing, I am waiting to hear from him.

I have also written to the two new Cabinet members charged with transport-related issues (Manda Rigby and Sarah Warren) to invite them to speak to us at special meeting, again after 23 June. Manda has responded saying that they suggest is that they work with their cabinet colleagues to see how best they can interact with groups such as FOBRA, so that communication lines are clear and consistent on all council related issues. They have said they will revert once they have decided how best from their side to proceed to maximise efficient communications for everyone.

I went back to her saying that I hoped she and Sarah would feel able to come to speak to residents after the meeting of 23 June to update the RA's on latest developments and their future plans and timelines and to answer residents' questions. I added that I thought residents would very much appreciate their time, input, guidance and support. At the time of writing, I am waiting to hear further from her.

 

2. TRANSPORT GROUP

Please see the attached report of the Transport Group.

 

3. NORTH ROAD

At the time of writing the Council's final intentions for this road have yet to be announced.

 

4. CITY CENTRE SECURITY PLANS

You will have seen that the recently published report into the Council's plans, by accessibility consultants Atkins, has been very critical of the city centre security plans and in particular on their likely effect on the lives of disabled residents and visitors. We wait to see what effect this report will have on the Council's plans.

 

5. PLANNING

Please see the attached report of the Planning Group.

 

6. ENTRY HILL

Katina from Entry Hill will provide us with an update on latest developments concerning the replacement of the golf course with a mountain bike park, something vehemently opposed by the majority of residents.

 

7. TUFA FIELD

A representative of the Tufa Field will update us on latest developments where it seems that Cllr Guy's initial assurance that there would be no development of the Field is being displaced by a plan to develop around 10 houses on the site.

 

8. BUSINESS GROUP

The Business Group will update us on their work and progress since the last meeting.

 

9. PARISHING

Now that the worst of the pandemic seems to be over, I intend to press on with this and will be convening a meeting of all those who expressed an interest in being part of the Parishing/Bath City Council group.

 

10. AOB

Holding in person meetings.
The AGM.

 

 

Justin Draeger
28/5/2021

Chairman's Report Archive